Monday, November 11, 2013

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS AROUND HERE...ESPECIALLY ON MY E-READER!!! So to help everyone get in the mood here are a couple new holiday reads that have warmed my heart...and other things too!

*4 Stars to....NAUGHTY NICKS
                    by CHRISTINE d'ABO

Well this is how to warm up the holidays! Ms. d'Abo has given us a spicy, steamy, fun Christmas gift with NAUGHTY NICKS. A Santa stripper service...why have I never thought of that and where the heck is the number to where I can order a human labradoodle to dance? This novella was fun and fast from page one.

Blake is just an amazing character, we find him broken and unsure at the beginning and watch him battle himself until he finally finds his alpha status. Kim is everything I want to be...she's forward, fun and intelligent. Confidence and sex appeal in a small but amazing package. After what should have been only a one-night stand, a friendship is formed that neither of them would ever have expected. A friendship that neither knew was exactly what they needed.

So what happens when their friendship is tested by the heat that continues to grow between them. If your Kim you fight for a chance at more, if your Blake you try running from the only think that has ever felt right. Between the encounters with these two and the assorted secondary cast I literally had a smile on my face the entire time. Hot and sweet that's what this tale is. I absolutely love, love, loved this story. Best Christmas Gift this year...and I didn't even have to wait to unwrap it! Thanks to my friends at NetGalley for the opportunity to read/review this sexy read!


*4 Stars to.....WISHING FOR A COWBOY (A Compilation)
                     From PRAIRIE ROSE PUBLICATIONS

Wonderful...just wonderful.  NetGalley has once again gifted me the opportunity to read/review a lovely book. This is a period compilation of wonderful western romance tales. Each of the eight short stories brings a bit of hope, love and a helping of forgiveness. In a time where everything seems unsteady and you're left feeling ungrounded WISHING FOR A COWBOY is a feel-good pick me up.

Each tale is set out in the western wilds. In parts of the country that are uninhabited by many and where living is hard eight men are brought to their knees by the love and grace of eight extraordinary women. As I read; curled up on my couch I could just feel the bite from the winds blowing across the plains, the kiss of snow falling on my face and the warmth of the fire burning in the little houses. Although I am not normally a fan of period pieces, I adored these tales of love found and chances taken.

If you want to gift yourself a little pick me up or a reward for all you're about to do for the holidays...give yourself WISHING FOR A COWBOY,  and curl up and escape for a little bit.




No comments:

Post a Comment