Monday, January 27, 2014

A RARE GIFT

It's been quite some time...I know, but sometimes life happens and blindsides you. It leaves you gasping for air and trying to find something, somewhere to ground you. That has been my life, a search for my new stable ground. Each day another unsteady trek into the unknown. But, sometimes someone cracks open a door and allows a sliver of light to illuminate a way forward. The Book Gods at NetGally have provided that sliver of light to me lately, so I must shout from the rooftops and let all know that I have found a true piece of beauty and it's name is....


5 STARS to BOOK LOVERS
Stories Edited by Shawna Kenney


Never in all my years of reading, and they are many have I encountered someone who I felt understood the power of an authors words on my soul. Each writer's key or pen stroke can be a caress or violent strike to the reader. Each reader's response different and yet the same. It has plauged me forever; how does one really explain the triumph or desolation that a story has provoked? How can you possibly make someone else understand that in a mere few words this faceless person has destroyed you?


It's a constant arguement that my Book Girls and I have. One that none of us can explain, one that none of us would change because that is the power of a book. It lifts humanity highlighting all the wonder and possibility while punishing by pointing out all of our short comings. A book breaks your heart and allows you to hope that one day it will be filled again. I know...I know I'm rambling, but this is me. This is the road my mind wanders when I lose focus on the everyday insanity. This is what rattles around in my brain when I'm bursting at the seams wanting to share some intense moment from my latest read or when I've a character breakthrough of my own.


Never, until now have I felt heard or understood. never have I shouted out loud "YES" at nothing more than the introduction to a book. I should have known never to never...because finally I found it...found them. Shawna Kenney has collected a series of erotic shorts that are phenominal! Each story is a carress to the mind, a whisper to the heart and a jolt to the senses. They run the gamit of scenerios; a little of something for all, but none of that matters.


It's the tone, the language, the scenarios that all blend together into a perfect storm. Each just enough of a tease to jumpstart your heart and mind. Each boiled down to the true essence of what you as a reader really wants when cracking open the pages of a tale. The words are feather light and land impossibly deep. I love to quote a great story, love to share the authors words that so move me. But to do so here would be a disservice.


You have to immurs yourself in each tiny tale and feel the weight of the words. It's what every reader wants...isn't it? To float in a sea of words, in a world created just for your enjoyment. To read about finding the 1 person who finally sees "all your colors". I am completely obsessed and utterly enraptured by this collection. It is now and forever will be close at hand and continually reread.





No comments:

Post a Comment